Monday, July 25, 2011

So close, yet so far away

Less than one month until I leave the country! Today I got all my vaccines; yellow fever, hepatitis A, polio, typhoid fever. I got prescriptions for malaria and cipro for traveller's diarrhea too :P I have also booked my hostel in Canada. It is called La Maison du Patriote, and it is located right across the street from the port.  It is only $23 per night, and from the pictures it looks so quaint! I am leaving August 22nd and will be getting to Montreal by Greyhound bus. It should take about 16 hours from Cleveland to Montreal. I am going to spend 3 days in Montreal before it is time to get on the ship and sail into international waters. I am not sure how I am going to spend my time in Montreal; maybe just explore on foot or rent a bike, and go where the road takes me. Right down the road from La Maison is a crepe cafe, so I know I will frequent that at least 2 or 3 times! I will get to use my French too, which is probably a little rusty; especially since I haven't been to France in a few years. I am thinking about buying a Montreal Museum Pass for $60. It includes access to 38 museums, a night cruise, free transportation for 3 days, and discounts in multiple restaurants. Sounds very tempting. But, right now I am content on just going with the flow, and seeing how things turn out. Hopefully I'm not planning to fail by failing to plan.. But I think everything will work out. For most of the countries, I am just planning on roughing it hippie style anyway. Maybe that will be the theme of my whole trip. Trekking the world hippie-style.

No comments:

Post a Comment