October 26, 2011
Theme of the day: FUN.
Today I met Wiliama, Adam, Alysse, and Kelsey in Tymitz Square around 1:00pm, and we went out to lunch just outside the ship at a Japanese sushi restaurant, which was delicious. We did hot pot, where we grilled our own meat and noodles in a boiling pot of water in the middle of the table. I also got a California roll that had crab and cucumber inside; something I ate all the time at Bowling Green. Then we went out dress shopping where Kelsey and Alysse got measured and dresses designed for them. After that, we went to a spa called Lien Beauty, which was an experience I will never forget. We all chose aromatherapy full body massages, but we weren’t sure how to start the process exactly. The masseuses led us deeper into the salon, where there were five or six beds only separated by a curtain. Luckily, this allowed for all of us to still remain together, which I was extremely thankful for. The women then told us to take off our clothes except for our tops and underwear. I did so, and then my masseuse came in and said to take off my bra as well. I did so, and felt a tad awkward as I lay on the bed, waiting for her to come back in. When she came back in, she said I could lie down, and the massage began. It felt so nice; it was like the movies, where the women actually stand on you and walk on your back. We all got pedicures and manicures too. I was snapping pictures of Wiliama the entire time; haha it was hilarious. After the salon, we came back to the ship and refreshed ourselves. Then, Jena, Kelsey, Brian, Michael, Wiliama, and I went to the hotel where Brian’s parents are staying at as we were going to have dinner with them. We ate at the restaurant in the hotel which was “western style,” and I truly enjoyed it. I had chargrilled tuna steak with a salad and grits. For dessert; the crepe suzette. Talladega nights anyone? :P We had a great time at the restaurant with Brian’s parents, who are extremely friendly. After dinner we went up on the rooftop of the Majestic, where the view was amazing. Everyone ordered a few drinks, and then we headed out to another pub where more drinks were ordered. We wanted to head back to the ship since we have a trip at 8am tomorrow, but then we decided to go to a place called the Go Go Bar which we were told was great by one of the ladies in the spa. We had an awesome time there as well; as they were playing great music like Foo Fighters, AC/DC and Wolfmother. Finally, we decided to head back to the ship, and we all hopped on motorcycles. Michael and I rode together, and he recorded our trip back. All in all, it was another great day in Viet Nam.
No comments:
Post a Comment