"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."---Mark Twain
Semester at Sea. I am literally going to be traveling around the world ON A BOAT.
When I first saw the sticker price for Semester at Sea, I laughed out loud. There was NO WAY that I would be able to afford that. But please take my advice when I say apply for as many scholarships as you can. If you truly want to do something, then you can make it work, no matter how far-off it seems. Scholarships + Marietta College financial aid= Dream of a lifetime.
My itinerary is as follows:
On August 26, I will be boarding the MV Explorer in Montreal.
We will then sail to Morocco, Ghana, South Africa, Mauritius, India, Malaysia, Viet Nam, China, Japan, Hawaii, Costa Rica, and Cuba.
(WARNING: buying in bulk does not save when it comes to visas..)
Right now I am in the midst of all my preparations for this trip; sending in visa apps, getting vaccinated, and researching all of the countries! I am so ecstatic, and I can't wait to share all my adventures with whoever is going to read my blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment